St. Andrew's Regional Ministries:
Vision and Mission Statements
“As we live the Gospel, we provide opportunities for people in the Calgary area to connect with, grow and live out their faith.”
“We are a catalyst for growth through partnerships and new ministries”.
Who We are Now
As St. Andrew’s 2020 Vision moves forward, we are growing new ministry that takes what St. Andrew’s United Church is already good at and builds on it. Increasingly, our regional ministries approach leads us to build solid, ongoing relationships:
• with youth and young adults across Calgary Presbytery through Brenda McKellar, Andrew Nicholson, and the Regional Youth and Young Adult ministry;
• with students at post-secondary institutions in the city, through Rev. Tim Nethercott and the United-Presbyterian Campus Ministry;
• with LGBTQ folk, as part of our Affirming mandate, with the Calgary Queer Church.
• with congregations who host the Summer Day Camp Caravan each summer and the children and families who participate in the weekly program.
As our Regional Ministries program seeks to be a catalyst for new mission growth, working in partnership with other groups and agencies is a priority:
• with Kerby Centre, 403Seniors, and Alberta Health Services developing new ways to support seniors and their families living in the area;
• with other congregations in the United Church Affirming network, supporting
• with other United Church congregations who share in hosting youth programming, Naked Faith worship and Camp Caravan.
Growing solid, healthy, enduring relationships with key ministries is at the core of who we are now. We want to grow St. Andrew’s ministry impact through building the strength of groups reaching out, beyond Sunday morning and traditional congregational activities, into the neighbourhoods, campuses, schools and homes of the community around us. In partnership with others who share our values- and in partnership with you, our donors and supporters- we are creating enduring relationships that build the community and grow the faith.