St. Andrew’s envisions a community that:
- Integrates children, youth and young adults into all of its parts.
- Provides a Christian environment where children, youth and young adults are welcomed, heard, valued, nurtured and supported both personally and spiritually as equals.
- Provides leadership opportunities for children, youth and young adults to nurture both their leadership skills and spiritual life.
- Encourages worship that inspires children, youth and young adult participation and spiritual development.
- Provides programs and opportunities that develop and encourage mission and outreach awareness of children, youth and young adults locally, nationally and globally.
Our Children and Family Ministry events happen through special events as well as on Sunday morning.
Our Children and Family Ministry staff person is Lisa Penzo who coordinates our programing plus some 30 volunteers who are dedicated to working with children.
On Sunday morning, our children’s program is organized to be fun while also allowing children and youth to experience and learn the Christian faith. Preschoolers through grade six are guided in Bible Stories and lessons with activity centres designed for their age groups such as art, movement and music, multi-media, drama, science, games, cooking and more. Outreach is often a component of our programming with the aim that children learn concrete ways to help others. Activities have included filling backpacks in September for homeless families in the Inn from the Cold program, collecting sunflower seeds for High River and collecting food for the Food Bank.
Some recent themes include: the story of Ruth, the Lord’s Prayer, the Easter Story, Jonah and the Whale and the Good Samaritan.
Sunday morning preschool and infant care is provided. A parent may drop their child off with our experienced, vetted and CPR/First Aid certified Nursery leaders or stay with their child.
Kids’ Night Out – Children have a special Saturday evening fun time at St. Andrew’s Centre with pizza, games and special program, while parents have a night out.
Care, Create and Connect – Join us for a welcoming program where we build community, care for one another and explore through activities, stories, crafts and play. Our program gives children and caregivers a wonderful opportunity to connect with other families. For children ages 0-5 years old and their caregivers. Every Monday (except holidays), 10 – 11:30 am at St. Andrew’s Centre
Duty of Care: St. Andrew’s aims to provide a safe and welcoming environment for young people to explore and learn and practice their belief in God. All staff and volunteer leadership has a police security clearance record check and many have taken First Aid and CPR training.